Agenda: What the Bible Really Says
WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY SAYS IN THE CREATION STORIES
- The historicity and scientific validity of the Genesis creation accounts
- Genesis 1 – a truly radical manifesto
- The “image of God” – the original meaning is not what Christians understand.
- Is God ecologically sensitive? What the Bible really says
- Genesis 2 – the rejection of utopia for procreativity; the nature of sin.
WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY SAYS ABOUT PATRIARCHY
- In Genesis 2, God assigns women a more important role than men. Why?
- I thought the Song of Songs was about sex and eroticism. What’s this got to do with patriarchy?
WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY SAYS ABOUT GOOD SHEPHERDS
- After this class you will never, ever read Psalm 23 in the same way again.
WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY SAYS ABOUT SEX
- Marriage and infidelity
- Sex as sinful (incest, pedophilia, promiscuity, bestiality)
- Is homosexual behavior sinful – what the Bible really says will surprise both conservatives and liberals.
- God and XXX imagery: How God uses erotic imagery in the prophetic and liturgical texts.
WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY SAYS ABOUT VIRTUE AND BIBLICAL ETHICS
- Why does God demand ethical behavior (HINT: see the movie Ground Hog Day, starring Bill Murray and Andie Macdowell)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink